1. a state of balance or equilibrium, as from equality or equal distribution of weight; equipoise.
2. a dignified, self-confident manner or bearing; composure; self-possession.
3. steadiness; stability: intellectual poise.
4. suspense or wavering, as between rest and motion or two phases of motions.
5. the way of being poised, held, or carried.
6. the state or position of hovering.
–verb (used with object)
7. to adjust, hold, or carry in equilibrium; balance evenly.
8. to hold supported or raised, as in position for casting, using, etc.
9. to hold or carry in a particular manner
10.Obsolete. to weigh.
–verb (used without object)
11.to rest in equilibrium; be balanced.
12.to hover, as a bird in the air.
You may envy a cat’s poise
As long as you never trust it.
Putti Among the Flowers
2 hours ago